Thread: Head Gasket
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 07:22 PM   #6
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Years ago mine had some strange symptoms-- white smoke out the exhaust (coolant getting in the cylinders), misfiring, even a smell of fuel, and running badly. Everybody told me it had to be a head gasket, but I decided to replace the LIM gasket set with the Felpro metal version just to see what would happen. Luckily that fixed it for me, but that repair would be expensive at a dealership. I don't know if my car being boosted caused the LIM gasket to fail in a different way and cause those symptoms, but it suggests the LIM gasket failure is a possibility here.