View Single Post
Old 02-10-2016, 03:14 AM   #4
Bahlzeron
GX Member

Bahlzeron is on a distinguished road
Good to know, thanks guys!

I tried google to see what lubes won't harm/degrade polyurethane.. and well.. most links that come up are related to condoms, sex, and anal sex... not really what I'm looking for... gonna have to dig to find info related to just the material and not sex.

SO, After a little digging (page two or three of the fore mentioned google search) I found a couple car related sites/posts that have a few good suggestions for both poly and rubber bushings...

1. DO NOT use anything with petroleum in it as it will degrade both poly and rubber. (there is an argument that automotive rubber/rubber like compounds are resistant) Use silicone grease (make sure it is actually silicone grease not silicone suspended in petroleum grease), also Dawn dish soap works wonders too! (I shoulda known it's what I've always used for hand grips on motorcycles and bicycles!)

2. I found a great installation method! Use a bolt or threaded rod, nut(s), and a couple large washers to draw the bushing into place. You can also use a bench vice to press the bushings in place as well.

When I do this, if I can remember to take pics, I'll write up a how-to.

Last edited by Bahlzeron : 02-10-2016 at 04:15 AM.
Bahlzeron is offline   Reply With Quote