Thread: My First Car
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #25
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALL 2 STAR View Post
WHat if all i bought was a Filter? would it make much difference to get a whole kit?

If you only get the filter, you're doing a WAI. That's not something you want to do. You want to draw colder air to the engine, not warmer. It is also said that if you keep the stock piping, the ripples on the plastic causes the air to not flow as smooth as it could be, defeating the purpose of the cone air filter. All in all, just get the whole thing... the difference between a GOOD air filter and an ebay kit WITH the good air filter isn't much. Some of them come with a K&N filter... just watch out for those "chrome intakes" filters. IDK who makes them but they are definitely a knock off. Also, don't make a CAI out of spectre stuff... there's a kit that can be tempting but their stuff isn't real aluminum/metal... it's ABS plastic painted chrome.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote