View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 12:38 PM   #19
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
If I got the 12.8 set-up, it will be 4 piston calipers?

4 piston? There's people that have modded a porsche caliper to fit the 12.8" rotor, but otherwise it's a 6 piston caliper. The problem with those calipers is how far they stick out from the surface (clearance with the face of the wheel).

Using the 6 piston caliper with the 12.8" rotor probably wouldn't be possible because of how the mounting locations are. That in itself would require a different adapter bracket because of the spacing on the caliper mounts.

If any company makes a 4-piston front that uses a 12.8 or 13" rotor that fits a Corvette, you should be able to run it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfuller View Post
Very interested in a 12", single-piston setup for the rear brakes - hopefully they can be made to retain the factory parking brake setup.
And you can fit 6-piston calipers under 17" wheels.......but you must size everything very carefully.

The good thing about the parking brake is that the C5/6 and the Alero use a very similar parking brake, the Alero shoe is just a touch smaller. I do have almost a complete rear brake setup for a C5 and the Alero in the garage, So I can figure that out ahead of time.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote