View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 02:15 AM   #23
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
no jap motors in an american car!

and the v8 screw that idea you know much it would cost just to make that thing work?

This.
For.
The.
Win.

You never disgrace an American car by putting some rice burner in it.
(But a 350SBC in a Japcrap is okay. Japanese car companies never had the balls to make a real engine, so we must slap a real engine in there)

Would be cool if someone did slap a 350SBC in an N body. The room is there, it would just be a really tight fit once all accessories are put into account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXManwhoreXx View Post
What are the ecotecs based off of?

The L61 was one of GM's first "Global engines". It's not really based on anything, but it tends to be more European than American. It was made as a joint venture between Opel, American GM, and Saab. IIRC, Fiat got involved in it (I think just financially) and the L61 found its way in a couple Fiat cars.

The name "Ecotec" came from Opel though. They had used it since the 90's.

One question though... has anyone ever considered swapping the Quad 4 in an N body? I've been told the 2.4 "Twincam" is a "refreshed" Quad 4.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited

Last edited by Nas Escobar : 04-06-2013 at 02:18 AM.
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote