Thread: 13.2 @ 110mph
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 12:43 PM   #6
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorello82 View Post
Have you thought about getting a copper gasket for the head?
Screw that, you have to constantly retorque them. This gasket + copper spray is what holds cars with 25+ PSI together fine. There was installer error involved and operator error eventually which led to the failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavaliers60 View Post
and no video?
No one ever wants to go with me dude. I was stuck there for 5 hours. If someone was there I wouldn't've been freezing my ass off calling everywhere trying to find someone with a trailer or ability to pull it.

It would've been an amazing video though, the smoke screen I left was massive. Heater core hose popped off so coolant was pouring externally as well as all through the exhaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsman View Post
I would check block and see how clyinders are and also block surface. With the power your running Chris I would rebuild and maybe resurface block and everything.
Engine itself is perfectly fine, it's a gasket/head surface issue. Like I said, I didn't expect the previous fix to last, and was severely surprised when it did for so long. I'm going to have the head surfaced and am using all new components; it won't leak this time. As said above, I caused the leak from
  1. ignoring the scoring marks on the head right at the sealing lip of the gasket
  2. doing wide open throttle pulls at full cold last week
The car was running PERFECT until I did those full cold pulls.. I mean I've been beating on it and giving people rides and such for the past month and a half. Once I did that shit at cold I knew I messed something up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsman View Post
I understand you need the car. So fix it to drive for work, but when u get another car then rebuild motor all again do everything and do it right. No short cuts or cheap. Then break motor in good for 2000 miles and she should hold together.
My parents have a spare vehicle they let me use usually, I'm just going to do the head gasket/water pump properly. That's all it needs and I'm sure of it. I will simply ensure prep is to perfection this time. Last time I also did a half ass prep.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote