View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 02:58 PM   #1787
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
I took the car to a shop a few weeks ago to install a used big brake kit, but they refused to install, citing brake lines being too rusty and safety concerns with the kit. Not sure why they don't like taking my money. If the brake lines are too rusty to remove, replace the whole shebang. Anything is possible.

So they said here's your car back, sorry we don't want to do it. Immediately on the drive home I found that shifting into 5th gear makes a terrible crunch/grind. Bad synchro out of the blue. $2,000 to R&R with new internals.

I have a well known racing radiator manufacturer building one for me to help keep my coolant temps perfect no matter what abuse I'm throwing down.

I have a Garrett intercooler, TiAl Q BOV, and a custom intake manifold to fabricate, just need the plenum holes for the runners machined out.

Progress is slow as money is tight. It's getting there.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote