View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 02:06 PM   #4
Kardain
GX Member

Kardain is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbral View Post
Let me know if this helps. From a 2002 ecotec Alero. Also, send a pic of what you are up to when finished if you can. Sounds interesting

Sorry about the delay, but that helps a ton. Based on the pics, it appears it will fit w/out interfering with the rad support.

I've since sourced an alternative OEM part from an 02 Cavalier that fits perfectly but will keep checking local pick-n-pulls for the alero/grand am one (same p/n for both cars)... I can get 3.4 parts all day but ecos are another story so it might be some time before there's a conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Aftermarket solutions are exactly what you need for a unique scenario. Any automotive performance shop with a fabricator can make a custom intake to do what you need.

Asking around on your local Facebook car-themed group can also point you to people who will do it for cheap who are just fabricators who can tig weld aluminum tubing and are familiar with cars.

While custom was fully on the table, it was more of a last resort path. As my sig mentions, I have a more... exciting I guess would be the appropriate word... ongoing project than tinkering with a very lightly modified car.

There is a second reason for attempting this. If it fits and clears components with little to no modification, should someone with a dead alero 2.2 and can only find Cavalier/Sunfire engines as a replacement, that's one less piece to worry about. While an L61 is an L61 at its core, there are minor differences between them depending on the model (and year) it was installed in. Besides, a little extra info for reference here def won't hurt, no?

1997 Sunfire + 3400 + 5spd = constant work in progress

Last edited by Kardain : 04-03-2021 at 02:08 PM.
Kardain is offline   Reply With Quote