View Single Post
Old 12-25-2009, 07:34 AM   #10
spyhunter
GL Member

spyhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to spyhunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroB888 View Post
Last time I went, it cost $80.00 per 3 pulls. Of course, if you tune exclusively with the dyno starting from scratch, the first couple pulls will be used up to get baseline readings. After the first pull, the engine will most likely be a whole order of magnitude hotter, which will skew the results. Time is money, so the operator likely won't let you sit there and let it cool.

In the case of my 3400, the main value of the dyno was to show me how good or bad my street / track tuning was. If you have HP Tuners or DHP, you would already have settled on what max timing at WOT is for your car, and how the ambient temps affect it. How did the operator measure AFR at WOT?

So you got your tune lined out on street fuel, then drained and refilled the tank and retuned for "c16" and drained it again and retuned for 100 octane? In 2 hours? You Da Man!

We paid $100 for our 2 hours of time on the mustang dyno.

At the time I had my wideband hooked up to my laptop, and the dyno operator had his wideband hooked up to my downpipe *didn't have an exhaust or cat at the time*.

My street tune is 100octane, the biggest changes we made between 100octane and c16 was the timing.

The engine was never hot persay, it was at operating temps. It also helps having two industrial sized monstrocities to help out.

As long as I'm comfortable with the software I can tweak some good results out.
Promoter - PM me to be put on the list. Ladies first drink free wed, thur, sat
spyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote