View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 05:41 PM   #53
<woj99>
GX Member

<woj99> is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the tips. That's how I've been trying..you don't need a vice, you can just push the bushing in with your hands completely into the bracket. Or, do you mean to put the bracket on and then try to make it sit flush in place with a vice rather than tapping it with a hammer. That might work, would just have to go back and see if there's a possible way to place a vice.

To those that installed the bar, how did you reinstall...Did you put the bracket in the slot then brought up the bar/bushing and rotated the bracket down over the bushing (i.e. sort of closing it over the bushing like a clamp)? Or, as just mentioned did you put the bracket over the bushing first and then try to place the bar up while fitting the bracket tabs into the slot?

It seems like the first way might work better for me, I can't get the bracket to sit flush if I put the bracket on first. I just need to wait for an extra hand to try it out. Also there isn't really any risk of damaging anything..the polyurethane is strong and it doesn't cut or gouge at all. Only thing is dings in the paint on the bar.
<woj99> is offline   Reply With Quote