View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 11:23 PM   #59
<woj99>
GX Member

<woj99> is on a distinguished road
Sway bar is installed. Clamping the bar to hold it in place helped a lot. I was then able to slide the bracket on over the bushing all the way and push it in place and screw on the nut to make it sit flush. In terms of tips, the key is pushing up on the bracket/bushing, don't really need to try to push in, just fit the tab into the slot and push it up as much as possible. It takes some muscle, but this let's you put the nut on about half way and screwing in the nut the rest of the way will force the bushing to sit flush. I guess the other tip for the install is for bolting the endlinks back in, they need to be lined up exactly with the hole in the spindle, the bolt should not have any resistance and you should be able to turn it by hand almost all the way. Torque specs are 39 lb/ft for bracket nuts, 37 lb/ft for endlink bolts.

The rear bar alone doesn't make a huge difference, but it's a noticeable difference and definitely worth it. It keeps the rear end a bit more flat and it guides the front end through turns, which is nice for driveability.

I have a slight clunk when driving over large bumps. Not sure yet if that's from the bar or from my exhaust pipe hitting something as I have one less hanger that I had to cut to install the bar. Will have to see when I have my muffler and hangers welded back in.
<woj99> is offline   Reply With Quote