View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 11:58 PM   #14
tacollins
GX Member

tacollins is on a distinguished road
Wow, and so here's a summary of what I did the last 12 days: Did agricultural stuff, getting ready to start farming rabbits again..., found out that I have worse problems than a lifter... My car was missing just here and there but now I've lost tons of power (taking off from lights, trying to pass, and I feel like I'm gonna get ran over by that semi that seems to just love picking on cars that are slower...) I've tried new plug wires that helped a lil at first, then I tried swapping coil sets from my olds cutlass ciera, and a camaro at a junkyard seemed to help at first then not so much, I haven't checked my plugs but I changed them three months ago when I had problems with my other set of plug wires so I don't really think they would be the culprit because the factory ones I took off were still in great shape, just had octane booster residue (found that it seems to actually clean the engine, when the engine is running right...) on them. I'm thinking that it's my fuel/ignition control since it's the only part that hasn't been moved around or changed. I know that it doesn't really have anything to do with the topic, but I'm trying to handle things one thing at a time. (My to do list actually looks something like this... fix missing problem; save up for new tires, for those who followed my tire thread I settled on the Nitto NT450's cause the 15 and 16 inch versions have 45,000 mile treadwear warranty; then save up for new lifters; then maybe start looking for the parts for my dual header back exhaust system, including a modified rear bumper)

Any ideas on what is wrong with my car causing it to miss?(if you don't wanna read the above read below)
-It misses when taking off from stop lights, while passing people, or going up hills, and has a loss of power at pretty much all times.
-I had the parts store run the code: says random misfire multiple cylinders.
-I have changed pretty much everything except the F/I controller which is the stock piece, and the spark plugs which I changed about 3-4 months ago.

Mods in consideration: Painted intake manifold, (still gotta replace my lifters, planning on using MMS improved lifters), Stage 2/3 NA Camshaft, CAI, Battery relocation, upgrade stock Kicker speakers with the stock upgrade ones from WalMart, (I blew one of my rear bass speakers, )

R.I.P. Paul Walker
tacollins is offline   Reply With Quote