View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 12:04 AM   #20
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
Im getting mixed reviews. I asked someone this...

What was your duty cycle with the 36's on your setup?

His response:

Pretty close to maxed out, like 85-90%. There is no actual duty cycle reading when scanning, but you can scan the pulse width in milliseconds, and mine continued to increase up to the last 1000 rpm then went static and the AFR started leaning out, so I knew they were maxed out. The 36's are only good for about 260-280 hp. Need 42's above that.

You will get different interpretations of the scan data from people, the builds (and the PCM tuning in them) differ widely as well. In my case, I've used stock engines with no porting in the past. The duty cycles (IDC) are able to be scanned with HP Tuners. True, there is a range in which the injectors can possibly go static, and that is a danger for sure. But with the 36's on my stock engine, they only got close to that range for 1-2 seconds, just before shifting to the next gear at WOT. And that was with the MP90 at 10-14 psi. The only time I had mine go lean was because not keeping the gas tank full enough on 1/4-mile runs. The colder the weather is, the more danger of running lean at WOT, if you're already close to max on the injectors.