View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 01:42 PM   #1
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Lucas Transmission stop leak

My mech told me to buy a bottle and put it in because a test of my transmission showed the tranny oil isn't keeping constant pressure for some reason. Looking for pump failure soon. Been having these syptoms for a few years now, but it's been a few times in the past 2 months.

Product: Lucas Transmission stop leak
Cost: 12.99 plus state sales tax
Where bought: Advance Auto Parts
Ease of install: Poured in the entire bottle, very thick stuff so it's not a quick open and pour in as funnel filled up pretty quick
Tools required: Not required, but recommend a transmission funnel
Time of install: about 5 minnutes
How to install: With the engine and transmission warm, take the stuff and pour it in. Very thick, so you cannot pour the entire bottle in one shot

I was a little hestant doing this, but I figured to save some time before having to put out the cash for a new transmission ($1,000 used $2900 new) and my mech recommened it, I did it.

After putting it in. I "power braked" the car a little bit (not enough to spin the wheels) in each gear, then took the car for a little drive (1 block up 1 block back) Pulled out of my driveway only 1/2 throttle and I spun up the wheels The tranny isn't slipping at all. the shifts are better and quicker. I noticed a difference right away. I didn't realize how the tranny was slipping. Not bad, but it's better now.

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote