View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #12
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmike View Post
An alignment isnt really necessary as nothing that you disconnect to change the struts is adjustable. As long as you don't touch the tie rods you can get away without an alignment. I've had my strut assemblies off five or six times and she still runs straight with no abnormal tire wear. If you are slightly out though, you can easily do your own wheel alignment. I've done it a few times, just google it. Almost every performance car forum has a tutorial on how to do it.

not true. look at my how-to. my alignment was spot on before i replaced my front struts. you can effect camber which is going to effect the knuckle. if the top of the knuckle is pushed in, its going to shorten the distance between the tierods and therefore cause toe in. same goes for pulling the strut out and causing toe-out.