View Single Post
Old 07-15-2023, 02:39 PM   #249
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Took forever to replace the ignition cylinder, finally got it after I bent one of my curved picks just right. However, that wasn't even the problem lol. It was the reverse lockout. That lever behaves all messed up, so after I disconnected it everything works great. Kind of annoying now my ignition key is different than my doors/trunk.

My old ignition cylinder was messed up though, I was always able to just pull the key out at any position. And realized while I was messing with it you could even turn it just with a screwdriver.

And the reason reverse was acting weird is the same reason (probably) 1st gear used to act weird for me and pop out and feel mushy. I have a stupid clump of wires underneath the shifter bezel that get in the way of the movement of the cables lol.

Since my headunit doesn't turn on for an unknown reason, and I need a new alarm system/keyless entry, I'll just tell the audio place to rewire my floor LEDs to my headlights instead of to the switch I have on my shifter bezel.

After looking up some pictures of the fuse box from eBay sellers, I figured out I just needed to push the fuse box rearward more until the bottom triangle shaped bumpout snapped into whatever bracket there is.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote