View Single Post
Old 12-25-2021, 01:13 AM   #25
dbral
GX Member

dbral is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Sorry to hear how your transaction has gone with this build. But if you where only looking to run low 14's you could most likely get there wit a cammed 3500, headers, injectors, tune and a 5spd swap.

Quote:
HeC ran 14.4 iirc @101 with a stock 3500, headers, TB, injectors, tune, and 5spd swap. The mph indicates that he is making around 250+ crank hp.

I would be happy with those numbers and it's nice to know that kind of performance is possible with those parts.

This Stage 2 3500 was originally intended for a Grand Am that my daughter and I kind of "fixed up" because she wanted to learn to drive. Since she was not of legal driving age, we would take the Grand Am to an abandoned parking lot and set up different courses so she could practice. This turned into lots of fun for us especially when we started timing how long it took for her to get thru the "course" and parallel park and whatnot, so the idea of taking the car to the track when she got older came from this. Our local track has a lot of people with older Mustang GTs and z28s so we were trying to get the Grand Am to have somewhat similar performance to those cars. So, yeah it would be good to run a low 14-something so it doesn't appear extremely slow and it would be even better if it would do so consistently as they have a fun bracket race competition there on Saturdays.

Quote:
What is done to your car now? Stock 3400?

Yes, it is stock 3400

Last edited by dbral : 02-17-2022 at 10:44 PM.
dbral is offline   Reply With Quote