View Single Post
Old 04-04-2005, 12:23 AM   #3
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
http://edesignaudio.com/category.php?type=damp

they sell 2 thickness, 45mil (what i got) and 70mil. if you've gota big system, id get the 70mil. i dont have much of a system, so i didn't need the thicker stuff, i just doubled up on certain area's

despite what they say, you do need a heat gun (good hairdryer will work)

ive soon to many people put this stuff on like they were water proofing a car, they dont put any slits in the material. it HAS to make a perfect bond to the sheetmetal, or it isn't doing anything. when going around sharp bends, even heating it doesn't stretch it enough to bond perfectly, in which case, you use a knife to slit it and push it down flat. its not as pretty as smooth layers, but its a neccesity in the corners. around minor imperfections you can heat it so it streches/shrinks to the sheetmetal. also, even if you dont think you need to heat it because its a perfectly flat surface, heat it anyways, it sticks better if you heat it while pushing it down

there were alot of areas that looked like they were perfect, but i slit it anyways because it was a corner, and i was able to push it down even further, just a fyi for anyone thinking of installing it.