View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 05:04 AM   #5
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
Picked up the car from my sister. Transmission and engine still running fantastic at 180,000 miles. Drove it from Pittsburgh, PA to Ashtabula, OH without any issue. She let the car sit for about 3 months prior so battery was dead as shit. Alternator works great because it charged back up quick enough to not need jumped again after that.

Both rear view mirrors will need replaced as they have gotten busted up in the city.

Interior needs a DEEP cleaning.

I didn't notice any issues with the turn signals when using them.

Security is stuck on. None of the resets I have seen work. Ignition replacement likely as mentioned above.

Brakes do need replacing. Rusted and rubbing audibly.

Currently in shop with aftermarket headers and welded exhaust being put back to stock. Header gasket missing, bad exhaust leak coming into the cabin. Give you a headache if you don't drive with the windows open bad.

Heat and fans work well. It is turn dial heat/cold and pre-digital so no surprise it doesn't have a large range. However, did not seem to have any AC. Probably needs a recharge if it is not straight up leaking.

I'll ask the shop, but if not, have to get under it to inspect floor integrity. If sound, will do the hose shower test to find leaks. The passenger floor gets wet, the passenger rear mirror is busted off partly. Wonder if it is possible leak source.

The driver side door. When you pull the handle to open, it is supposed to shut off interior components like the radio. This is not happening. Bad connection somewhere. Have to repeatedly open and close to get to finally work.

Multiple rust spots. Time to look body and paint correction.

When I get it back: oil change to synthetic; seafoam intake, oil and gas, throttle body clean, MAF sensor clean, radiator flush, transmission fluid change to be done by me. Rest will come in time. It's a learning/project car now but the care I gave it shows regarding the bones.