View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 02:25 AM   #8
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic28 View Post
.........In all I was just having fun, hoping for next time to have meth on it, and run 15 drag or slicks to take the wheel hop out. Btw what size your using on the 15s aleroB888??? [/color]

Well, you should probably try to get most of the major tuning/reflashing done before going to the track, so you can concentrate on the traction issues there.

I can't remember what I did for wheel hop problems the last time that happened to me. Maybe mfuller has some advice on a suspension tweak to cure it. So you are not getting any wheelspin at all?

I have used BF Goodrich DRs 225-50/R15, with pretty good results, as well as M&H 7.5x23.0 slicks with no tubes. Their performance depended on the amount of boost used and the track prep. Still got wheelspin under some conditions. If I had to pick one, I'd go with the DRs, because they are safer to use.

I want to get the Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial 225-50/R15. Very soft compound but sturdy tire. I tried them in the 235-60/ R15 size, but that was just too big a diameter, too heavy and ate up the gear ratio. SpyhunteR used an M&H 8.5x24.5 Drag slick on a 15 inch steel wheel, with no tubes. I would try that route, but I think the MTs will do as good, and you can run them at any event, or even on the street if you had to.