View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 08:43 AM   #9
Vic28
GL Member

Vic28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Vic28
I was thinking about 24.5 but you need serious power for those, not really my level right now. Im trying to get the 225/50 drag radial or prolly use a 23 like you did. I was more concern about what width rim your using for them. So your saying that Spyhunter is using 8.5 on our regular steelies? or is it from another car.

For the wheel hop Im already getting my top mount as a group buy that we got going on, we ecotec guys are not as lucky as the v6s. I know I can get solid ones for the manual tranny from a j-body. I know slicks flex and takes care alot of wheel hop. I was trying to make some traction bars but I havent had much free time lately. I prolly need bushing for my control arms cause they seem pretty dried and kinda shot.

I can wheelspin no doubt, if I spin and when the tires trying to grip thats when I get most of my wheel hop. So most the time I come out kinda slow to avoid that. And what I was refering to that I couldnt even keep spinning my tire on the burnout box, it was acting as if I let the clutch out and right after stopped giving it gas, and that was with the 2.5 fake bar that I tried for the first time. With the cavy GM reflash doesnt do this, but its not really a tune for good power.

I do agree that main priority should be get the car properly tune, and than worry about that traction and running it hard. Once I get my other set of injectors and meth kit thats already order Im gonna focus on that.

Last edited by Vic28 : 06-04-2010 at 08:46 AM.
Vic28 is offline   Reply With Quote