View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 04:07 AM   #15
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleros_eat_rice View Post
What kind of effect will removing the air dam beside the foglight have? A buddy says it can make the brakes a bit hotter, but will increase air flow to the CAI.

It has no effect on your brakes. And if you domt track the car even if it did make the brakes hotter you honestly wouldnt notice much at all.

It also really won't help flow to the CAI either because its under the radiator, not blocking the CAI filter. If anything is blocking it its the fog light. (If you have one) if this car is driven in the rain I would leave the fog light in place to help protect from water during rain driving.

I have a CAI of course on mine. With stock fogs removed along with the extra plastic that surrounded the fog light in the bottom bumper holes. So basically it's a giant hole to my filter... well with cars on the highway throwing water at your front end I managed to suck water up my intake. The car bogged reallt bad. I had to remove my intake and tear apart the top end to clean all the water out, luckily I didnt hydrolock, but anymore water could have caused some damage. But yeah I had some standing water in my accordion tube as well. Wasnt good at all...

luckily I have very rare chances where I have to drive the car in the rain. But 99.9% of the time my car is a nice day car only. Doesnt see snow at all, and very low chances on rain. But if I get caught in a good rain I actually pull over to wait for it to pass because if I drive to long in it it sucks up the intake. So im very cautious on that now. Lol

But its july now and my car has only seen rain twice this year.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote