View Single Post
Old 05-28-2017, 02:50 PM   #5
JoshParsons84
GX Member

JoshParsons84 is on a distinguished road
Thanx everybody. I would love to have a motor and tranny swap. But I'm old school. I'm more of a numbers matching kinda guy. So, against everybody's advice I've chosen to keep the 3400 in and 4T45 as well. I know a lot of you may hate the 3400 because of gasket issues and I agree. I personally like the looks of the upper intake better than that of the 3500. PCM tuning is one thing but I don't wanna go start ripping motors and transmissions out unless I have to.

That being said has anybody else had transmission problems out of theirs? Or know common problems with the 4T45? Maybe I could start my build with common problems. It has hard shifts I know that much. And if I can find somebody worth a damn I'll have all my gaskets replaced all the way down to the heads.

I think for myself I wanna take it all the down to the block and work my way back up. I think in the end I'll have better results that way. If nothing else everything will be brand new and it'll be a much more personal experience.
JoshParsons84 is offline   Reply With Quote