View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 08:40 PM   #37
PJGrandAm
GX Member

PJGrandAm is on a distinguished road
Well when I loosened the front bolts and took out the 3 rear bolts on either side, as well as the 3 rear trans mount bolts, the frame lowered about 3-4 inches. The stock bar was harder to get out of there than the Speedbuilt bar from PFYC. The only trouble is the brackets, at least on my bar, the others' bars look like they fit fine.... I needed another set of hands to get the last bracket on, I recommend starting with the passenger side.

I'm pretty sure the front bar is roughly 26mm (If i had to guess, 26.8) and rear is roughly 22mm (22.2)

The biggest difference from stock (that you will notice) is not better handling, but better weight shifting when cornering. The car rolls more sideways than forward now (as well as much less roll), which allows better traction as the weight distributes more evenly on the tires. Don't be mistaken for elimination of G-forces, I definitely feel these much more . This is because your body no longer wants to fall out of the car so much as slide out. I must say the handling has improved quite a bit though, the stiffer rear bar definitely helps with the turns.

Last edited by PJGrandAm : 05-31-2012 at 08:45 PM.
PJGrandAm is offline   Reply With Quote