View Single Post
Old 03-01-2004, 10:41 PM   #11
Purple&Black

Okay, I have to update my own thingie here...

Same info as up above:

2001 Alero GLS, Sun & Sound package
Class II chimes and RAP from the factory
Headunit did not say "Monsoon"
Monsoon amp in the trunk

The Metra GMRC-01 is still in there, but.....

The warning light chimes don't work. Low fuel, tire pressure, etc. No chimes. The chimes sound when you start the car, seatbelts, key in ignition w/door open, headlights left on...you'd think chimes are chimes as far as the radio's concerned. Note: The documentation for the GMRC-01 lists the 2002-2003 Alero, but 2001-2003 Grand Am. Go figure. I'm guessing because sometime during the 2001 model year, they went to Class II for the chimes although I bought my car in October, so I would have had one of the oldest of the 2001 models. I guess I have the "crazy" year of the car. [shrug]

I guess that's okay though because when a light comes on it's impossible not to notice. My only concern would be if one of the bulbs is burnt out, will the SVS light come on? In a thread about gauges, Nick suggested that if you took the bulbs out of the cluster it might throw a code, but I never saw anything say so for sure. And even then, "burnt out" and "not there" are two different things. It'd suck to have the airbag light be on and not know it because the bulb burnt out...you know? I could get in the habit of scanning the dash when I start the car to see if all the lights come on, but jeez...that's hard!