View Single Post
Old 03-02-2004, 12:07 AM   #12
2ndAlero

I think, and without going to my garage and checking for sure, that there is a manufacturing plate on the drivers side of the car when you open the door. This should tell you at least the month of manufacture. Just because you bought your car in October doesn't mean it was the end of the model year for the build... it could have sat around a while, but generally that would be the case.

If there was a change in the wiring harness, it would be in cars made January '01 through June '01 then for the '01 model year. GM doesn't like doing running changes, but will conduct a change at a mid model year switch over. Your best bet on a car is getting one that's been built in May or June as all the model changes on parts are instituted and should be the "best" parts you are going to get for that model year.

Anyway... I don't see any mention in my service manual about a wiring harness difference for the '01 model... so maybe the Metra kit just didn't list the Alero year's correctly? It's possible as I see parts good for Alero's '96-'03 all the time and we all know the Alero wasn't around until '99.