View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 12:24 PM   #9
<woj99>
GX Member

<woj99> is on a distinguished road
You'd have to find the aluminum control arms used at a junkyard, you can also find them on ebay, they came stock on 1999 Grand Ams and Aleros. I think they are a little bit lighter, and they also won't rust like the steel arms. I don't think they do all that much for performance by themselves that you'll be able to feel, but I haven't done this yet so I can't really comment. I think most people make the change to aluminum control arms and poly bushings to complement other suspension mods. Same with the bushings, they'll be better than the soft stock rubber ones, but probably won't make too much of a difference by themselves.

If you want to go for aluminum control arms as well, you have to think about the cost. The arms will be about $50-70, but you'll probably want to get new ball joints as well since you don't know what shape they'll be in on a used set of arms, which will be around $120, and then the bushings at around $40-50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeBrake View Post
thanks woj I will order them soon , and do you have a link where i could purchase aluminum control arms? do they just reduce weight and nothing else ? would replacing the bushings in the stock ones with these ones be enough for performence?
<woj99> is offline   Reply With Quote