View Single Post
Old 08-26-2006, 09:42 AM   #15
slalomking
GX Member

slalomking is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks Spilner, to a 'degree'

I might have worded # 3 a bit more diplomatically. I was probably rebuilding my Rochester 4MC on my Chevy V8 400 before you were born, but that's OK. I understand the benefits of cold air, which is why I have interest in the product to begin with.

My cold question was posed b/c sometimes a cold weather drivability issue (power, smoothness) comes up until a car is warmed up. My Ecotec on a cold, cold day, is not really ready flog for about the 1st 5 minutes or so. The cold ram air could extend this warm up period.

Regarding #2, the pic from the kit's site shows us details normally hidden under the air box that many of us stockers have not seen. The filter's intake end of the cone appears to almost nestle into a fender bulge that looks like a side view of a donut, and that is what I asked about.

People come here to ask questions and learn, not to be talked down to in a condescending manner.