View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 02:06 AM   #30
That01Olds
GLS member

That01Olds is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy View Post
lol seems like the ignition lock supplier of GM had a serious design issue Or the requirements catalog was off the real problems its going to face.

Non the less, it would be quite nice to hear if the normal GM dealerships have the necessary paperwork and start the work on it, so I can ask my dealership here

Lol yeah I guess GM decided it was a good idea to use the same ignition components for 2 decades on just about every car they made. Like others have said the issue seems to be that if your key chain is to heavy the key can switch from the run position to off which then locks the steering wheel and shuts off the engine. Although my key chain isn't heavy at all and I can still pull the key out of the ignition on my Intrigue while it was running with very little effort.

As for the dealers having the paperwork. I'm not sure about the Alero, but I know they've already started fixing the issue on the HHR. One of the guys on the HHR forum said he had one in and his other one was going in the following week. So at least here in the U.S. you're probably going to be waiting for an appointment to get it taken care of.
2005 Mazda6 S Wagon 3.0L V6 (MZI) (Sold).
2013 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan 2.0L I4 (Skyactiv-G) (Sold).
2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 2.2L I4 (LE8) (Sold).
1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 3.5L Twin Cam V6 (LX5) (Sold).
2001 Oldsmobile Alero GL 2.4L (LD9) (Sold).
That01Olds is offline   Reply With Quote