View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 10:53 AM   #14
Netuddki
GX Member

Netuddki is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy View Post
Damn Netdukki, thats a nice mod. And cool to finally see someone that added a back-up camera.
Was thinking about if for years.

Thanks!

Quote:
Maybe, one day if I visit my friend in vienna, I'll have to stop by at your place.
He lives in the 10th district, anywhere close to you?

I live in the 15th district. Vienna is not that big, so it'S about 20 minutes of drive. You can contact me on Facebook Alero group any time or on my Facebook page (facebook.com/hunnenkoenig)

Quote:
Do you got a thread about the radio/display unit?

The radio is this one: http://www.lightinthebox.com/wince-6..._p2543465.html

The navigation software you get on Aliexpress.com
I got this: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/8G-SD...417606339.html

Quote:
Btw, don't forget about the german thread on motor-talk we got a few more austrians running around there.

Cheers
Julian

I am also on the german board, but I watch it rarely, because it's only one huge thread and I don't really like it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul ron View Post
So you replaced the radio with a display type radio unit I see. How does the unit attach to the reverse shifter? Was it a big job getting the new radio to fit or is it a standard mounting like the old radio?

If I remeber correctly.. doesnt the radio hook up need a code for the computer to see it?

The unit has it's own cable to attach to the reverse shifter. Actually I connected it to the reverse light cable. It switches to camera only if the car is in reverse.

It's a bit of work to fit in the Unit. You have to break out part of the plastic rig behind it in the dash and you need a wiring harness.
I also cut the black frame of the middle console, but you don't have to if you break off that plastic rig. I want to do that too and I want to replace the frame.

There is no code needed. However you will lose the chime sounds. I have a box for that, But I still need the wiring to make.

I will make a write up with video and pictures, when I have everything in place, how I want.

This is the camera working, but with my previous radio without Navigation.

Last edited by Netuddki : 03-25-2016 at 02:40 PM.
Netuddki is offline   Reply With Quote