View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 03:42 AM   #1
Koots
GX Member

Koots is on a distinguished road
New Guy From Labrador

Hello all, I just recently picked up a 99 Alero sedan for free from a friend, requires some TLC but is in pretty decent shape (no pics yet). It has some rust, needs new brakes, new PS pump, had to replace the battery and air filter. It still requires some work to be legal on the road, but it's getting there.

I'm a long time car/truck forum member, was very prominent in the Civic forums back in the late 2000's, but mostly stick to forums about full size GM trucks and Beretta's (I owned a Corsica for a while).

This car will serve as a daily driver with some subtle but effective mods over time. Looking to stiffen the unibody up with strut bars, port a little out of the intake manifold, but nothing too extreme. I can't make this another project car because I already have a lifted 1983 GMC Jimmy with tons of work put into it, that has been sitting for a few years waiting for me to finish building a transmission for it.

Anyway, sorry for the novel, hope to learn a lot from this site and hopefully make some meaningful contributions and not get too drunk and ramble
Koots is offline   Reply With Quote