Thread: 3800 s/c swap
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 02:18 PM   #33
MilzyZ34
GX Member

MilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MilzyZ34
Quote:
Originally Posted by guiguilandry View Post
it's nice to read that, just for fun do you have some pictures of the engine mounts ?? did you worked something for the front dogbones ??

the N-body core support isn't made to support the dogbone style of mounting, and I didn't see the point in retro-fitting a reinforcement kit. The solution we came up with is the engine will have two mounts at the bottom of the engine, one in the front, one in the rear. The rear one will also be tied into our own differential bracket for the 4t65e, or into our intermediate shaft mount for use with the F40 6-speed. So in total, the mount kit for the supercharged 3800 swap will come with 3 transmission mounts, one front engine mount and bracket to be welded to cradle, one rear differential bracket, one rear motor mount and bracket to be welded to cradle. Those who choose the F40 will get the F40 versions of the mounts, plus the extra bracket to be welded on the driver's side for the transmission support mount.

I'm not sure if I took pics of the mounts for the engine or not, like I said, it's been a while.
1977 Corvette - LS1/LS6 T56 - Under Construction
MilzyZ34 is offline   Reply With Quote