View Single Post
Old 12-11-2003, 11:51 PM   #13
AleroSS

Quote:
Originally posted by aleropimp1@Nov 29 2003, 06:24 PM
i bet my ... riged air intake runs better than any CAI and i am almost postive that the shorter the pipe the more torque you get becouse the air doesn't have to travel as far proply gives you better responce time to. O ya i also don't have to worry about getting water in my intake which i hear is really easy with a CAI
:huh?: First off, I find the term "... Rigged" quite offensive (if you are abbreviating the word that I think you are...)

Secondly, there is not that much difference between you stock air intake system and your "new/modified" system when it comes to length of pipe. If there was a way to prevent dirt, rocks, water etc... from gettin thru a filter, your best option would probably be coming straight to the wheel well, and relocating the battery. This would use the least amount of curves in the pipe, and thus increasing the amount of quick cool air airstream being delivered to the engine. Nevermind the fact that your intake will prolly take the "easiest to attain" surrounding air, and if not in motion, it will likely just pull the warmer air from the engine bay, as you havent sealed the pipe that leads from the front clip to the filter and enclosed it...

Thirdly, your intake is probably better off referred to as a Ram Air intake rather than a Cold Air Intake, as the use of forward motion to thrust more air, increasing with speed, is the same concept behind Ram air kits - Similiar to setups I have seen in the past on Buick GN's... There are kits (though im not sure if they are made for our cars) made by a company called Weapon R, where a lil box is mounted in the the front grill, and runs to the filter using hosing... Check out the pics - http://www.weapon-r.com/ramairpics.html -its a neat concept...