View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 07:12 AM   #5
03Alerosil
GL Member

03Alerosil is on a distinguished road
Still working on the stupid piece of shit.

I unhooked my EGR tube from my EGR valve in an attempt to see if my cat is indeed plugged. Well I can tell you the cat is most definitely plugged. Car ran and revved like it should.....until disaster struck. All the excessive exhaust heat from the cat being plugged got blown out the EGR tube and into my engine bay where it completely melted my throttle position sensor, all the wire loom on my spark plug wires, some of the engine wire loom harness, both vacuum lines for my HVAC and my fuel pressure regulator. i limped it to O'reillys and picked up a cheap sensor for $32. Limped it back to my work. Put the sensor on and repaired the vacuum lines with vacuum tubing, cut all the melted plastic off everything and went the eff home. So it cost me roughly $44 to find out for sure that my cat is indeed a clogged piece of shit. I picked up 2 exhaust gaskets and on Sunday the Cat is getting gutted. I'm not dropping the money into this car for a new cat. Not gonna happen. More than likely getting driven to the salvage yard before spring anyway.
03Alerosil is offline   Reply With Quote