View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 12:20 PM   #13
Black_Mamba
GX Member

Black_Mamba is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Black_Mamba
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyman View Post
whoa!!! whoa!!! before you spend money on parts and think about doing the repair yourself, let me see some pics of the damage the described hit is telling me that you have more then just parts replacing

very very possible that the core support is damaged, hood hingges, hood latch, lock support, maybe is taged the frame rails if your not in the trade just replacing parts ontop of damaged structual metal is just stupid

and why are you not claiming this on insurance you hit the person so insurance has to be invovled here what insurance do both parties have

I've been around cars for a while. I checked it out and I only need to get a hood, a drivers side head light, and the whole assembly for the headlight as well as a hood lock/latch. The bumper isnt even worth replacing but while im at it i might as well. the Radiator is fine, as well as the frame and everything.

Insurance was involved, I dont exactly know where it stands though. I know that since i hit her, Im automatically at fault. Also, I have basic coverage, not full (so my insurance would pay for her cars damages, not mine). Also there were no injuries, it was a simple "fender bender" so no police or ambulences were involved. it wasnt that serious so i dont know whats gonna happen insurance wise because i know some companies require a police report.

I would take pics but I drove, (yes its still driveable, just not at night because its missing a headlight) it to the body shop yesterday morning.

I got everything under control, I just wanted to know part wise if its the same.

2001 GLS 3.4L Coupe "Black Mamba"

Mods: K&N Cold Air Intake, 8000k H.I.D. Low Beam, 3000k H.I.D. Fog Lights.
Wants: SLP Exhaust, Ported UIM & LIM, 65mm TB, Lowering Springs, Rims, Black Interior.
Black_Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote