Thread: Takata & DRs
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 01:15 AM   #20
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsman View Post
so your hoping that it will cool the air enough to counter act the s/c. I think this is were the issue is. you really should be spraying it after the charger.

That's true, I used to spray pure methanol into the throttle body, had the air going into it down to 32 degrees and sometimes even lower...

BUT, the air coming out of the supercharger was still about 30-45 degrees above ambient, not very efficient,

AND, the vaporized methanol displaced and reduced the amount of air entering the system. (that also happens injected after the SC, but to a lesser extent)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsman View Post
Also another advantage of the meth or alcohol is you can increase boost some on say 93 octane fuel.

I disagree with that, if you're saying it will increase octane very much. Figure the amount of alcohol injected as a percentage of the total amount of fuel consumed, and the increase in octane is minimal.