Thread: Turbo
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2005, 10:42 AM   #21
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by germ@Mar 24 2005, 08:18 PM
1) you can get a turbo kit and run 12 psi (track only, w/ race gas) on a stock engine and get it to hit 12's. you will need to beef up the tranny in order to do it regularly.

2) for the engine mods and turbo setup i have spent MAYBE 1750 and a tranny to hold 12's cost around 1500 installed

3) no off the shelf PCM is going to work, your going to have to spend the loot on a Powertuner from DHP

1) stop wasting money on race gas, seen this first hand on my buddies car, does NOT BOOST HP, it boosts octane for high compression use, he is getting 110 octane off normal pump gas. http://www.importpoweronline.com/catalog/p...products_id=265

2) ok, you got me sold on staying in with the Alero project, I assume at that low of an investment, that you got parts from ebay, and as you said, did alot of work yourself.

3) My GM mechanic recommends HyperTech tuner, have you heard of it, and is it any good, he says it's about $300.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote