Thread: Turbo
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2005, 12:54 PM   #22
germ

1. correct, race gase does not produce HP by itself, BUT with race gas you are able to add timing to give you more HP without causing KR (knock). Race gas also helps reduce KR so you dont loose the timing you already have. it also helps reduce detonation. so in a "back door" kind of way, it really does make HP

and i dont buy race gas. i make my own from Tulene or Xylene which commonly found in most paint sections at most hardware stores.

2. yes, some things are bought on ebay. like a BOV, silicone couplers, IC piping, etc....

3. Hypertech is basically a "boxed" PCM. you can choose from a couple different levels of performance, but you cannot choose what parimeters to change in order to modify your PCM enough to accept boost in ANY form. ONLY the Powertuner and HP Tuners will give you that ability. there are to many things you have to change and you cant do that with the hypertech unit and besides, hypertech doesnt offer anything remotely close to what you would need in order to get your car to run right without blowing up.