Thread: Turbo
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2005, 08:40 AM   #30
germ

the high reving might have something to do with your guys tranny's (4t40/45) but for the 4t60, the high rev's are not an issue since the tranny has been mated to the higher revving 3.4 DOHC engine for a long time.

but you CAN run the 3400 to 7000 rpms, its been done before, but im not sure how long they lasted or how often they ran it to 7k

i personally am shooting for 6500'ish rpms.

as for the order of purchases, it really doesnt matter, because they all will need to be bought at some point.

i just bought the big items at first because i had a large chunk of money and wanted to get that out of the way and not have to worry about it. then i slowly bought the smaller stuff as i found good deals on them.

one of the things i would recomend that you do is to determine what kind of boost you want (instant boost roasting tires or major top end and speed) and then buy the turbo.

DO NOT buy a junk yard turbo, but a good rebuilt one or a new one. there is an ebay seller by the name of down2turbo that sells turbos at a really good deal and then there is the infamous ssautochrome. i have bought from ssautochrome and i use a Master Power turbo i bought from him and have had ZERO complaints and everyone said that the turbo i got was HUGE, well its not and has performed flawlessly and provides full boost right at 3000 rpms.

its freaking banana's man