View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 06:03 AM   #9
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by irondiezl3 View Post
yea i have the pillar cut already now i gotts cut the circle out of the metal part behind the pillar just want to make sure it wont go to the outside if i do so meaning is there 2 layers of metal.

Well, First of all i agree with others in that you shouldn't need to cut any metal to fit a speaker (with the exp of the occasional door or rear shelf set-up) and that if you are running components in the rear mounting the tweet facing up at the glass will give you more then enough imaging for what a rear stage needs usually...
HOWEVER if you need to have flush-rear mounted forward facing tweeters, with the pillar plastic removed you should be able to identify the inner metal support of the roof (this has holes and such in it, like where the clips for the plastic fit into) and if you stick your finger thru one of these holes, and don't get it stuck meow... you should be able to feel the smooth outer layer...
don't cut/heat the outer sheet metal or you will require bodywork to repair your mistake.

Oh and Btw if you have family friends or loved ones that travel with you.. and you cut some of this structural tin out.. and you roll your car and the roof buckles/fails your insurance company/law enforcement will site you for negligence. food for thought.

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote