View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 01:20 PM   #28
Alero04

Quote:
Originally posted by Redog@Feb 10 2005, 02:12 PM
Yeah those Eurolights and bulbs on eBay usually have a 80 watt rating (100 watt for high beam) and all they do is cook the hardness. With an Alero, you have to replace the entire headlight which is about $300 for one from the dealer ($100 on eBay)

Stay with the stock wattage 55 watts for lowbeams and 65 watts for highbeams and you'll be good. I have the Silverstars too, for almost 2 years now, and they are fine. I also got the Silverstar turn signal bulbs. They look blue but light up orange, so they keep you nice and legal :thumbsup:

Also, don't go with those cheap hardness extensions that CLAIM to prevent frying your hardness from using high wattage bulbs. I don't see how they work.

Ask your friends that say Eurolights are the best, "How much Horsepower you get from them" If they say anything other than 0, don't listen to them
[quote]
so if my 'pigtail' as my retarded bf refered to it as...IS fried....i have to replace my entire headlight? or just PLEASE tell me that im reading that too quickly and am working too hard here at work so im reading things that arent even there?!?!?!

well i have eurolights for my blinker and its legal here so, all id have to do is jsut replace that light with the silver one...
im gonna have to ask u guys exactly what to get wehn i get paid next week for my lights....cuz i wanna make sure i get the right wattage AND the right look