View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 06:08 PM   #88
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpalero2003 View Post
Bdyman I got in a hit and run front wasn't molded small crack in bumper and buckled the hell out of the fender and then another time drive scraped badly took small little chunk out of bumper and buckled my other fender. So my fiberglass bumper is stronger then my fenders but I have like one of the first aed bumpers richies old one.

Most fiberglass is going to be like that. It'll bend and crack, but not dent. For example, when I totalled my Alero, the FG fenders took the full force of the hit, and came out with lots of chips and a few cracks, but overall they had their shape still and could be fixed in an afternoon. If my fenders were metal they would've gotten dented/smashed beyond recognition. It's because fiberglass has memory, take a hammer to a metal fender, it'll leave a dent. Take a hammer to a fiberglass fender and it'll either leave a hole, or just crack and return back to it's shape.

But anyways

To those saying to just let him work... we're trying to save him headaches later when the fender flares inevittably crack...