Thread: Head Gasket #3
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 07:42 AM   #12
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
The last one took 3 weeks to do, I don't consider that rushing. I had the head prepped perfectly, the block was done the best you can in-car. It's a matter of using the right gasket, using or not using copper spray, and having the ideal head torque.

So I'm ordering another Cometic and using copper spray. The only other variable to determine is what to torque the head to. I will find out when I take the head off and look at the existing gasket to see if the embossed areas are flattened, if so, I'll torque everything to 55 or so instead of 85-90 like the three successful mid-high boosted guys have.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote