View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 03:09 PM   #28
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
Chris, you make NO mention of HP gains or anything on the sort. MSD igntion upgrade on a GM car does one thing. You open the hood and all your friends say "Whoa, that's tight"
The gain comes from a reliable spark. You can't tell me that my car runs the same with it stumbling and sputtering versus smooth and powerful. I'm surprised with your background that you would talk down about having a strong spark. Everyone upgrades and adds to their fueling system and air induction, but ignores the ignition system. You need air, fuel, and spark to make the boom. If one isn't up to par, you make it so. I made my spark be able to handle the large air volume and turbulence it experiences. The proof is in the lack of stumbling under my old boost level, and also being able to now run a higher boost pressure still without it stumbling. And the ability to widen my spark plug gap (larger spark surface area). Last year at the track if my car jumped to 15 psi the spark would blow out and the car would stumble and shake down the strip, costing me time on the track. My car was shaking down the quarter mile when I ran 13.9 twice in a row, it was running like shit with all the weak spark failing to ignite the combustion mixture.

Now I can run a constant 18 PSI with spikes to 20-21 PERFECTLY smooth. So don't comment on shit you don't know about.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote