View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #10
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketfast321 View Post
How did it fail? Like b888 said?

Must have been a hot day. The high side can get pretty high.

But does the high side port has a schrader valve like the low side? From b888 post i think not. Because the cap was loose and looked to have a check ball in it. Also pressure switch is connector is clean. But it did have a little 134a oil on it.

I don't know, it was pretty weird for sure. After that the compressor and AC still worked. I had been having problems with the AC before that, like lights dimming when it kicked on. It still blew cold air for a year after that, but seemed like it was struggling, so I avoided using it. Then it sat outside at the trans shop for 10 months and thru last Summer, and the compressor would not kick on when I got it back. But it's cold out now, and dry enough where I have not needed the defrost. I will have trouble if the windshield ices, so it's the only car that is garaged now.

I'm in modding mode, but when it gets hot again I'll put the pressure gauges on it.