View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #7
mfuller

When I mounted my Recaro seats, I used the factory sliders since I wanted to use the factory mounting locations in the floorboard - if the floor was flat, it would've been easier to justify drilling new holes in the floor for aftermarket seat brackets that bolt to the side of the seat (of course then I'd be looking at a racing shell and not a reclining street seat - that would have saved a bunch more weight though).
Anyway, I used some aluminum bar stock to mount the seats to the factory sliders. Since the holes on the bottom of the seat do not line up with holes on the sliders, this was a simple way to adapt things. Basically, the aluminum bar stock bolted onto the seat bottoms. I then took careful measurements to determine the proper location for bolting the bar stock to the sliders. I had to drill new holes in the sliders, and used high-strength fasteners to bolt the bar stock to the sliders. The bar stock raised the seats a negligible 1/4" above the sliders. I did loose the factory power adjustment on the driver's seat, but no big deal. It worked fairly well for a cheap solution.