View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 09:39 AM   #5
Bachert24
GX Member

Bachert24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Rad17 View Post
do some searching on here for changing needles. It's a delicate process but the results are fantastic. fisdad swapped his to some red needles out of something and they looked great.
Have fun with those overlays. Sounds like you got stickers? trust me, they are pita to line up. you want 194 bulbs for sure. if you are 03-04 you are lucky and the bulbs can easily be changed in and out of the sockets. if you are 99-02 then you'll need to get some with the twist-lock base. yes, can hack the sockets all to crap to extract the bulb and solder in your new one. But, that metal doesn't take solder for crap so unless you have a lot of experience and know the tricks don't even attempt it.
I've ran a DDM 55w kit in factory housings on 2 aleros, works fine for me. Like sleepy said, if you are willing to take on the task of a projector install, good luck and have fun!

I have an 01. Papa smurf used the t10 bulbs and it looked super easy. I just wasn't sure that produced more even lighting than using some 194 sockets with leds pointing in every direction like what superbrightleds and other companies sell. Ill do more research on needles . I believe those gauge faces are stickers, but I'm really good at lining them up...plus i hate white faces and I can blue to match my car. Nobody makes faces for the Alero anymore. You can get the ugly ebay ones, the ones I'm getting, or you can pay blackcatcustoms $200+ for custom ones. Pretty slim picking nowadays lol.
Bachert24 is offline   Reply With Quote