View Single Post
Old 10-13-2022, 07:40 PM   #153
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
It was on the dyno yesterday, making around 560 ft-lb torque, lower than last year, and the torque comes on later and smoother. They adjusted the ignition timing, but they also think maybe I had a cam sprocket a tooth off, which is definitely possible - I remember it was super difficult to install the new chain last time.

The engine reportedly sounds and performs very healthy. But there's still a big issue with erratic boost control, so they're taking apart the wastegate to evaluate physical issues. After tuning so many cars over the years, they are confident something is physically wrong with the wastegate. They don't want to push it on the dyno while the boost is fluctuating since we don't want to lift the head again.

Hopefully an obvious flaw is found in the wastegate, a new part is installed, and it can safely and smoothly touch the 600 whp mark within the next week or so.

I just hate waiting.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote