View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 12:36 PM   #6
teflone
GL Member

teflone is an unknown quantity at this point
Locksmith here..

Im a locksmith..

Trying your spare key would be the first thing I would have told you.

if your spare key is just as worn as your normal one.. then I would suggest re-originating the key..

Also, pull your steering wheel ALL the way left, and try your spare key..
Then all the way right, and try key..

Now failing all that..
Grab some WD-40 and squirt some on key, and insert the key a few times.. both ways, (As in flip key over)
Do this a few times, then squirt a TINY bit right into the ignition, trying to center the squirt on what you think would be the middle of the key if it were inserted...

Theres no reason why your ignition shoudl fail twice, I SERIOUSLY think as one person already stated, your new key for your ignition is not original, and your keys are wearing out fast, or one cut on your key is off by a step, this would be the culprit of two "failed" ignitions..

Get your keys re-originated to your passenger door cyclinder code, and cut by a professional with an ITL (Computer) key cutter to factory code. from the code/serial # on passenger door lock cyclinder

Actucally scratch that, you dont have original ignition cyclinder, so that wont work..

Get re-originated to ignition, ignition has to come out, and give to locksmith, or call locksmith to take it out and do it..

ohhh yeah.. try also pulling your key out a tiny bit from the ignition while you turn it..

Sometimes bad key copies let the key go too far or too short into the ignition cylinder..
So obviously try pushing it in furthuer (if possible) too!

Last edited by teflone : 01-09-2007 at 12:46 PM. Reason: oh ya..
teflone is offline   Reply With Quote