View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 09:11 PM   #11
RalphP
GX Member

RalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond repute
Well, the EASIEST way would be to jack it up - about 12 foot would be enough, I think - and run a new vehicle under it *griins*

As I suggested in the other thread, I'd start with Banish's book on tuning. Read it, study it. It goes into quite a bit of detail as to why things are done the way they are.

After that, do remember that one thing the ECU will do is ... try to return performance to baseline! So until you CAN tune it, or buy a tune for it, you can't do much that won't either be countermanded by the ECU, or worse, you can force it into a limp mode where it runs so much worse than what you had, it's not even funny.

These cars nowadays are NOT like the ones I cut my teeth on - six slugs in a line, a one or two barrel carburator (I had a trick manifold that took a Weber 2-barrel on my 1963 Chevy with the 250CID straight six .. a PROGRESSIVE 2-barrel, for those that catch that *grins* ), so to do much besides toss money at it, you've got to be able to alter the tuning or programming the ECU uses.

Oh, changes do some good ... but it's like getting a 50% pay raise and seeing 70% of that eaten up in charges, fees, dues, and taxes ... Be better to take 50% more home than 15%, innit? *grins*

RwP
RalphP is offline   Reply With Quote